Sharyl,
I'm so sorry you lost Daisy. I've had several FelV cats who lost
the use of their back legs, and this seems to be a very common
thing.  I don't know exactly what causes their legs to stop
working, but it happens.  If anyone in the group knows the actual
cause I'd like to know.

Losing a cat, feral or pet is always terribly sad.  I'm also very
sad today as my 17 year old CRF cat is dying.  I've had him since
1993 and I almost lost him in the spring of 2009, so he has lived
longer than expected, but it is still terrible to see them go. He
was totally feral when I found him, and it took me almost two years
to gain his trust, but when I finally did, he turned into a big
mush.  He loved to be on my lap being petted and brushed, and I'll
miss him terribly, but I believe they will all be waiting for us at
the rainbow bridge.

Lorrie