I just took in a blind-deaf cat, was one of 25 or so in a lady's house. The lady became disabled, developed dementia, and our rescue took some of her cats. This one first was taken to the city animal services, developed a URI, got about over it, was altered, tested and shots, and we pulled him.

He (?) was transferred to a different cage, then to my carrier, then to my home and a large cage. He's not too friendly, although I can at times pet him on the head and scratch his ears. We think it's just because of the changes in his life, that he just doesn't know what's going on and if he needs to defend himself. I haven't had a blind or deaf cat before.

Does anyone know of a rescue that will take a blind-deaf cat? I found one in North Carolina, but I'm in Arkansas.

Thanks very much,

Gloria