How wonderful for you to have given her such a good life, Sharyl.

Beth
Dont Litter, Fix Your Critter! www.Furkids.org

--- On Mon, 8/16/10, Sharyl <cline...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Sharyl <cline...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Please add Rocket to the CLS 6/06 - 8/10
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Monday, August 16, 2010, 4:48 PM

Rocket had a bad week. She had gotten another Immunoreglin shot last Monday. It
didn't seem to help her at all. She just wasn't interested in eating except for
a little kibble. I tried several times to syringe feed her but she got so
upset. She would start panting like she couldn't catch her breath. We were to
was having problems breathing.

So we made that final trip to the vet. Thankfully my dear neighbor drove us.
Rocket normally starts with heavy breathing when we go to the vet. This
morning  was worse than normal. She had a small seizure as we were entering the
vet's office and died there in my arms. Her little heart just gave up. I'm sure
she had some type of tumor. Wasn't anemia like Sissy.

She was such a good girl. Never a big love bug but enjoyed playing with the
feather toy and loved her treats. Even this last week she was rubbing my leg as
I was preparing the food plates. Another reason it was so heartbreaking when
she wouldn't eat.

Rocket is my last FeLV baby. I do feel fortunate to have had her for almost 4
yrs. I 1st met her at the dumpsters July '06. She was one of 5 kittens that
would come running when I showed up with food. Spooky vanished but over time I
was able to trap Rocket, Sissy, Daisy and Mae. Rocket and Sissy became house
kitties. Daisy and Mae were much older when I trapped them and became garage
kitties. Now Daisy's babies and these four are gone. Leaves a big hole in my
heart. At least she had a good life and wasn't sick until these last few weeks.

By sharing her story I am trying to celebrate her life and encourage others to
love their companions each and every day.

Sharyl