Karen, I think you're a saint.  And so many on this list are.    We lit her way
last night, and will do it again tonight as Lovey.  Bless you. Sara

------Original Mail------
From: "Karen Griffith" <griff...@frognet.net>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 03:27:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Please add grey and white kitten to the CLS list

All of your messages touched my heart and brought tears, as I see that there
are so many other caring, loving people out there.

I buried her and put the name 'Lovey' (as I had never had a cat named that)
in marker on plastic over her before I filled her grave...Thanks, she
deserved a name. 'Edith' my 18 year old grey and tan calico sat along side
as I buried her. (She had come up on the porch when I found the kitten and
was keeping her company until I found her.)

Please don't condemn anyone for this kitten's situation, because someone
cared enough to bring her to me to try to help her. We live in a rural area
that has hit 17.9% unemployment in this economy and has over a 30% poverty
rate. I do a lot of free emergency work for horses, cats, and dogs and
whoever it was at least knew that I would try to save her. I just wish they
would have brought her sooner or left me a note telling me how and when the
trauma to her head had occurred (animal attack, vehicle, abuse, etc.) It
would have given me an advantage in successful treatment.

Again, thank you all so much for your kind words (they eased my pain) and
caring so deeply for the wellbeing of the animals.

My sincere thanks,

Karen