Kris,
You have gotten a great response from Alice.  Just a few points about anemia.
Anemia has many causes - not just CRF.  There is a Yahoo anemia group you may
want to join.

For my CRF kitty a mix of B12, Super B Complex, folic acid and NutriVed helped
manage his anemia and keep his HCT around 24%.  That mix of supplements did not
help my FeLV kitties when anemia hit them.  Like Alice's babies, mine went
quick.  As you will find on the anemia board most do not start using Procrit
until the HCT is below 20%.

Hugs to Avis
Sharyl