Hi Kerry, I remember you from way back. So glad to see you out there and hear your story. I think I took in my first FELV cats in 2001 - Mr. Black Kitty and Calawalla Banana Booboo. Mr. Black Kitty was a double positive, and lived about a year. He was SOOOOOO skinny, but an energetic, sweet kitty. Calawalla was a calico kitten, maybe 6 mo old or so. I kept them in my living room, and one of the first things I did was put tape on the bottom of the door so that they couldn't sniff noses with my other cats. My vet told me that wasn't necessary - the virus only lived a few seconds when it hit the air, and was very fragile.

I fortunately found this group, and read up on FELV and learned more. So within a couple of years, I decided that for me, it was time to mix the FELVs with the other cats, and have been doing that ever since. Calawalla died when she was about 2 yrs old. I had acquired another FELV for her - MIttens - who died died a little later. I sometimes wonder what subgroup/strain they were, and what my present FELV's are. I've got a great picture of them on a bed with my non-FELV, Shakespeare, just chillin and looking great.

Anyhow, great to hear from you - Happy Holidays to you, Kerry, sending love and hugs back at ya -

Gloria