Believe it or not, there are baby carriages for cats and dogs. Ebony and Mitu had a 12x6x 6 foot tall dog kennel converted to a katt screened in porch. There was a piece of ductwork that went in the bathroom window. They went through a pet door into the ductwork then into the kennel (with a topper and ramp and.......) They loved it. I had a 10X10x6 kennel that Dixie and I went to a lot......not enough but a lot. room for a chair and space for a cat to remember being outside. Neither was very expensive.
On Dec 27, 2010, at 7:46 PM, Laurieskatz wrote:

I would not just let him go...he may be trying to find a place to hide and
then you will never find him.
I like the enclosure idea. Even if you could take him outside in a
carrier...
Thoughts and prayers with you. Such a tough thing when they won't eat. Did
the vet suggest an anti nausea pill?

"Love animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy
untroubled. Do not trouble their joy, don't harass them, don't deprive them
of their happiness, don't work against God's intent. Man, do not pride
yourself on superiority to animals; they are without sin, and you, with your greatness, defile the earth by your appearance on it, and leave the traces
of your foulness after you - alas, it is true of almost every one of
us!"~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of MaiMaiPG
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 6:54 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] all Whimsy wants is to go outside

Can you fix an enclosure for him outside?  He could spend some time
out there then come in?
On Dec 27, 2010, at 7:40 AM, Emeraldkittee wrote:

Thanks, Laurie - I couldn't pill him, so have to try this.  he's
hiding and acting very feral again, cringes and runs when I come
near him.   All he wants is to go outside, he perks up at the smell
of air.  this is against my better judgement, but he's so depressed
and will die unless I get food down him. Every time I 'try'
something, ie, pills, etc, he looks at me like I'm trying to kill
him.  I know if he went out he'd feel better, but it's against
everything we tried to do to help him.

I generally crush a pill (not necessarily this one) and mix with a
tiny bit of water and syringe it – total of ½ cc.

Syringing is easier than pilling at my house.

"Love animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy
untroubled. Do not trouble their joy, don't harass them, don't
deprive them of their happiness, don't work against God's intent.
Man, do not pride yourself on superiority to animals; they are
without sin, and you, with your greatness, defile the earth by your
appearance on it, and leave the traces of your foulness after you -
alas, it is true of almost every one of us!"~
<http://www.quotiki.com/people/Fyodor-Dostoyevsky
Fyodor Dostoyevsky