From: dana giordano <giordano.d...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Buddy left for the Rainbow Bridge today.
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, March 4, 2011, 12:59 AM

HI All, please add my boy Buddy to the list. He was 10 years old, both Felv
and Fiv positive.

He passed earlier today about a half hour after a seizure. He had no prior
seizure activity I was aware of, in fact I thought he was in great condition
and would be around for a couple more years. He went completely limp after
the seizure and at first I actually thought he was dead. But a little breath
showed on the mirror in front of his nose, and then I hoped he would come
round in at least some fashion....but it didn't happen, he was barely
breathing, I couldn't tell if he was conscious or not the whole time - and
then just as we got to the vets, he stopped. There was nothing they could
do. I am really grateful I was home (my worst fear was he would be alone)
and able to be with him when he passed and I really hope he was aware he was
not alone, and I was trying to help him.

He was absolutely an awesome friend, such a patient cat, surprisingly sweet
and playful for an old, very tough ex-TomCat. He was finally getting plump
and really loving scratchies and pets. A total joy for me to see inside,
safe and happy. I knew him the last three years - after feeding him for two,
last winter is the year I caught him and insisted he stay inside.  We worked
really hard to get to a very good place and it was worth it.  He worked the
hardest; he still was willing to trust me.

I am really sad. I miss my friend in my house. His room feels incredibly
empty and even though he wasn't allowed out of his room, I feel the absence
of his physical and spiritual presence everywhere. I am getting him cremated
(in his cozy soft bed he loved, if they will allow it) so he will be back,
sort of, but this is the first time I have had one of my cats in someone
else's care when out of my house. I never leave them alone in a strange
place. I know it's weird but it's creeping me out thinking of him alone,
even if he is curled in his beloved bed, at the doctors office. I didn't
like leaving him there. :(

All, if you can, give your kitties a kiss, a hug and a treat today to thank
them for still being around. I know I am!

Best,

Dana and her 6 other furbabies (Callie, Hobbie, Greyling, Fuzzy, Magical
Forest Creature and Honeybunny Pouf) .