I truly feel for you.  They get to you very quickly and to loose them hurts so.
 I am glad you were home with hm, you got to say good by to him and he could
feel your love to the very end.  It wll get better with time, but you will
always have memories.  I have all my fur babies buried on my property close to
my house.  They are in my flower gardens and in he sprin, I will have beautiful
patches of flowers growing on their graves.  This way I can visit with them
most every day.  My prayers for you and yur Buddy.