Good for you for giving this little one some dignity, love & warmth in her
last moments....

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Beth
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:06 PM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Please add Lola to the CLS list :(

Got a call at 5pm yesterday that someone had seen a kitty in the ATM drive
thru lane at a local bank. I ran up there & didn't see a thing at first. She
was a tiny brown tabby sitting so still in the leaves that I didn't even see
her. She blended right in. She was so cold & wet & could barely make a
sound. I put her in a carrier wrapped in a towel & met some other volunteers
who took her to the emergency vet.
She was so cold her temp didn't even register. She was FeLV positive & had
severe ulcers in her mouth. The vet estimated her to be about 2 years old
though she looked like she was only 3 months old. After some time trying to
raise her temp they determined the best thing was to euthanize her. Her
heart was barely pumping.
I named her Lola so she would have a name before going over the Rainbow
Bridge.
It is so sad to think how long she may have been there & how many people saw
her & just kept going without a second thought. What a sad story. Even
sadder because I know she is just one of many who meet their end this way.
At least she had a name :(

Beth