She left with someone caring about her instead of leaving in a violent, painful way. She new enough pain and fear but knew comfort thanks to you.
On Mar 29, 2011, at 4:05 PM, Sharyl wrote:

Beth, thank you for giving Lola a same and trying to help her. At least she was cared for in the end. I will light a candle for her tonight to help her with the crossing.
Sharyl

--- On Tue, 3/29/11, Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Folktale] Please add Lola to the CLS list :(
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 12:06 PM

Got a call at 5pm yesterday that someone had seen a kitty in the ATM drive thru lane at a local bank. I ran up there & didn't see a thing at first. She was a tiny brown tabby sitting so still in the leaves that I didn't even see her. She blended right in. She was so cold & wet & could barely make a sound. I put her in a carrier wrapped in a towel & met some other volunteers who took her to the emergency vet. She was so cold her temp didn't even register. She was FeLV positive & had severe ulcers in her mouth. The vet estimated her to be about 2 years old though she looked like she was only 3 months old. After some time trying to raise her temp they determined the best thing was to euthanize her. Her heart was barely pumping. I named her Lola so she would have a name before going over the Rainbow Bridge. It is so sad to think how long she may have been there & how many people saw her & just kept going without a second thought. What a sad story. Even sadder because I know she is just one of many who meet their end this way. At least she had a name :(

Beth
Don't Litter, Fix Your Critter! www.Furkids.org