From: Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Folktale] Please add Lola to the CLS list :(
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 12:06 PM

Got a call at 5pm yesterday that someone had seen a kitty in the ATM drive thru
lane at a local bank. I ran up there & didn't see a thing at first. She was a
tiny brown tabby sitting so still in the leaves that I didn't even see her. She
blended right in. She was so cold & wet & could barely make a sound. I put her
in a carrier wrapped in a towel & met some other volunteers who took her to the
emergency vet.
She was so cold her temp didn't even register. She was FeLV positive & had
severe ulcers in her mouth. The vet estimated her to be about 2 years old
though she looked like she was only 3 months old. After some time trying to
raise her temp they determined the best thing was to euthanize her. Her heart
was barely pumping.
I named her Lola so she would have a name before going over the Rainbow Bridge.
It is so sad to think how long she may have been there & how many people saw
her & just kept going without a second thought. What a sad story. Even sadder
because I know she is just one of many who meet their end this way. At least
she had a name :(

Beth