I've always had great luck with Revolution, if you need something new. It's
not "cheap", but I think it is worth the price (about $15 per cat). I only
have two cats, so it isn't bad for me.

I have a friend with multiple cats and she gets a dog sized dose of
FrontLine and splits it weight-wise between the cats, apparently it's the
same stuff.

I've also heard very good things about diatomaceous earth. I'm actually
about to use it on my yard because of the chiggers and mosquitos.