No, you should never use Advantix on a cat. If you use dog Advantage on a cat
make sure you use the regular "plain" formula.

Beth

--- On Wed, 6/1/11, Edna Taylor <taylore...@msn.com> wrote:

From: Edna Taylor <taylore...@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Pet Armor
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 10:21 AM

Just to throw this out there but my vet is adamantly opposed to using dog flea
meds on cats, ESPECIALLY Advantix (which can and has caused even dog deaths).
She said that on the surface, the meds look the same but the percentages of
toxins is very different between dog and cat formulas.  Unfortunately, I know
that many rescues have very limited budgets (me too) so I am in no way trying
to say that people are wrong for doing this, just saying I would be very
careful.