Cathy I came to this site in the same manner. My kitten was 9 months when he died and my vet said to put my others down immediately. I was shocked! My Russian Blue had become positive despite being vaccinated. I refused. Basil was with me 2 more years very happy and healthy. He then began to show signs of illness. In the end he lived 3 years after the vet wanted to kill him. What I did was come home, found this site, and began to learn treatment plans. I then took everything to the vet--I changed his opinion. Although Basil did contract Feline Leukemia, my other cat Rumpleteaser never did. She didn't get contract the disease even from Basil and I mixed them. There are others here that will offer wonderful advice and guide you, I say for the sake of your heart listen and make your own decision.
-----Original Message----- From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of ckess...@cox.net Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:41 PM To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org Subject: [Felvtalk] Cali - 7 month old kitten I am new the site and I am just crushed. I have never had cats before and I adopted a shelter kitten from Petco in Plano, Texas. She had Ringworm to start with and she was tiny, but she was playful and is as sweet as can be. We live in Downtown Dallas so she sits in the window of our high-rise and overlooks the skyline. Last week, she became very lethargic and on Friday, I became worried so I took her to the emergency room. She's always been little, but playful and happy until last week. They did a Feline Leukemia test and it was positive. The only thing I had ever heard about Feline Leukemia before Friday night was that all cats who get it - die. Cali is only 7 months old and I can't stop crying. I just moved to Dallas last July. I have always had Dachshunds but I didn't think that dogs should be in apartments, so I got Cali. Then I didn't want Cali to be by herself, so I got another shelter kitty from the Petco in Bedford, (named Sasha) and she is very healthy. The emergency room vet and the Vet that I took Cali to have both told me that I need to put Cali to sleep so that Sasha won't get sick and Cali won't get better so she should be put down. For all of you out there, please say a prayer for me and Cali. She is a Blue Cream Tabby, she weighs 5 pounds and she has been a real fighter. I don't know how I will find the strength to put her to sleep. She is so little. I want her to get better. I can't stop crying. Cathy Kessel (858) 361-8972 _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org _______________________________________________ Felvtalk mailing list Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org