Jenny,

Most people in this group have heardr this story a dozen or five dozen times
before.  In general the reponse is to wait and retest.  I, personally, take
a more aggressive stance.

First of all, I agree with making sure it was felv and not fiv.  fiv is
usually transmitted through bites while felv is much easier to spread,
especially in the young.

Kittens have a compromised immune system (sort of like babies, needing the
mother's milk for passively acquired antibodies).  Because of this, kittens
are way way way more susceptible to the virus.  Your kitten already has an
upper respiratory which makes me really nervous about the snap test being
right.

It could be wrong and God willing it is, but from everything I have
experienced, read and seen your best bet at treating is now.  If you wait,
the virus can get into the bone marrow and that's when it causes problems.
I've lived this more than once.  An apparently healthy kitten can go
downhill by about one year to one and half years.  By then you're attached
and devastated and the treatments rarely work.  I've seen it over and over
again.

I'd treat now.  At the very least, give high quality food (personally I
recommend raw diet).  Foods like Orijen, Fromm are good.  I can't think of
any good kitten ones at the moment, someone else may know.  Second, I would
get Mega C (you can goggle it Mega C for cats) and mix it in with his food,
as much as you can.  Third I would consider more aggressive treatment -
Immunregulin or acemannan (if they still make it not sure).

My point is if your kitten has felv his best chance at beating it is
treating now.  Usually I believe in intervening as little as possible, but
with this virus the time to strike is now.  That's just my opinion take it
for what its worth.  There are some other approaches if you're interested in
considering treatment with high dose vitamins and NAC etc.  Good luck.

Jenny