I agree with Natalie's response.

Good luck to both of them! I hope they both end up negative.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Natalie" <at...@optonline.net>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Hope, adult female testing faintly + on SNAP Sat, 7.23 AND Schmitzi, 10-week-old kitten

10 weeks old could be an "iffy" age to test, that's why results could be
iffy, and if exposed, the kittens may shed the "faint" positive when their
immune systems develop.  It would be important to feed them good
supplements, good diet.  My vet would NOT have used all those vaccines at
the same time when their health was questionable - it's too much bombarding
them with all those vaccines.
If cats had the ELISA now, and they were negative, or tested "faintly", to
make sure, they should have another ELISA in 90 days, and if that is
negative and you are satisfied, that should be IT.
If the ELISA were to be positive, the IFA should be done almost immediately
to confirm because ELISAs are often false positives.
Seems that there's something else going on, like an URI, giardia (diarrhea).