Kat, great advice and exactly what I would do.  Place her in a room in the
house (bathroom/bedroom) and you might find that she is quite friendly, simply
scared.  If you let her outside now, you will never see her again :(

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 13:19:55 +0000
From: merrykatme...@email.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Please Share Thoughts on TNR Dilemma

Hi Bonnie,

I would try to bring her over to your house, but not directly outside.

Do you have a small room @ your house you can use for a few weeks?  If so, you
should keep her in there - with litter, food & water & a place to hide (large
box with hole in it & some towels will do just fine) while you get her
accustomed to you as her new care giver.  Go in there everyday to be with her -
even if you don't touch her.  Stay in there for at least a half-hour & read
something out loud (normal voice) so she can get used to hearing you.

If you decide to name her - use her name over & over when you go in to feed
her.  Praise her for being a smart & strong kitty.  etc.

Then after a few weeks, leave her in the room, but with a screened window
cracked open a bit, so she can get used to the new neighborhood "smells" from
inside.  That way, when you do finally let her out (& put her box outside too)
she will already be familiar with the surroundings & won't be so apt to bolt or
run off.

Good luck!  It will be worth the time & the effort!!!

Kat (Mew Jersey)