From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Marcia Baronda
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 7:26 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Hemy has a home

You're wonderful...

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 5, 2011, at 12:31 PM, "Bonnie Hogue" <ho...@sonic.net> wrote:

Just an update on that little “feral” cat I took from my dear aunt’s house….

After going to Forgotten Felines for spay (already spayed), partial tail
amputation and general health check, “Hemy” lived in a pen on my deck for
nearly a month. I would get my upper body in the pen and we would have a ‘love
fest’ of petting, purring, head-butting and cuddling.  Clearly: not a feral
cat.  So I left the pen door open yesterday.  She sniffed all around the yard,
circled several times, returned to the pen to eat and sleep in her favorite
bed.  I called FF about finding her a home, but I think this is her home, and
I’m her person.  I love this little cat.  I suspect she has some health issues,
but I’m delighted to give her a home and in return have her friendship.

By the way, my dear aunt passed away on Aug. 24.  I visited her the evening
before and she said then the same thing she said every time I saw her:  “I’m so
GLAD you have the cats.”  Then she’d ask about them and I’d tell her how each
one was doing and how wonderful they are.  It was obviously important to her
that her animals were being cared for, and I think the fact that it was me (‘in
the family’ and a known cat lover) helped.   I’m happy that my taking her cats
made her happy and gave her a little peace in her time of transition.

~Bonnie