My 2 felv cats are part of a 7 cat pride.  They share everything
, have an occassional boxing. hissing match, go outside (usually for 2 hrs) in
nice weather and get lots of attention, love .  The others all get their
vaccination for felv.  They have been together for almost 5 years now and all
are health, happy, contented cats.  I think the most important factors are good
food, love, lack of stress  and prompt vet care.  My 2 girls couldn't be
healthier, sleek, shiny coats, well muscled and spoiled rotten.  Don't despair.
 Love them and lt them enjoy the life they are meant to have, that is ll we can
do.  The rest is up to God.

---- Lee Evans <moonsiste...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Sunday, February 5, 2012 3:44 PM
My cat Moses tested positive for FeLv.  Since I have many other cats, I
isolated him in a room in my house, retested three months later and he tested
negative.  That was about 6 years ago.  He's still going strong and happy.   If
Ginger is an only cat, just allow her to continue her life, retest in about two
or three months.  Even if she's still positive, that's NOT a death sentence if
she's happy and free from stress and physical danger. Feed her good food, clean
water.  Think simple.  If she has a problem with something, it may be just a
normal cat situation, not related to leukemia but always have it checked out.
Most important, get a second opinion and a vet who is going to treat Ginger as
if she has years of life ahead of her. Be happy and don't look at her as if
she's a pending fatality.  Look at her the same way you have been doing all
along.  A wonderful cat enjoying her life.