The raccoons near one of my colonies climb the 3-story-high palm tree
there, to live in it, so yes, they can climb.

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:44 AM, dot winkler <venus7ora...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi - That's an idea.  I'm waiting to see if the coon returns.  I just
> restarted the dry food after two weeks of not putting it out.  I'm afraid
> to trap it - it may have babies somewhere.  I'd feel bad.  I read coons
> can't jump or climb but also had some feedback that, yes they can.
> Wondering about this.  Dotty
>
>   ------------------------------

Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life: http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org