From: Jamielynn Storch <jlsphotograp...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:38 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Foster mom devastated at a FELV positive test result

April
ACCT is exactly where I am fostering these guys for- so upsetting that they
dont test.  I as well assumed it was done.  They will only test if requested by
the foster home yet they dont educate the foster homes that its something they
need to ask for.  I understand as bottlefeeders the test is inaccurate anyway
but still I had no clue I was even evers supposed ot ask for it.  My first set
of kittens were adopted out and never tested- if they come up positive at some
point I would be so upset for the adopters.

I also never would have exposed them to my cats until tested if I had known.  I
am feeling more confident that the chances of transmission to my cats are
hopefully slim with their very limited and minimal interaction.  Im sad having
them contained in the room right now but they are happy and in my eyes at this
point perfectly healthy.

Hoping they flip negative.  ITs very helpful hearing other peoples experience.
April I give you all the credit in the world for sticking with your baby and
making it work.  I am so concerned for if they stay positive as to what that
means for them.  The shetler has a rescue supposedly that will take them but I
dont want to just throw them at some rescue if its someting I can still work to
find placement for them.  I try to stick to my commitments and I love these
babies BUT the thing thats not possible is for me to adopt them long term.
Thats always been out of the question.  I have 2 cats of my own and the current
cat room was actually going to begin transformation into a baby nursery after
this litter.  Its all so overwhelming...I feel the weight of their lives and
futures literally in my hands.  Euthanization is obviously not an option or
consideration for me unless it was a quality of life thing.  Wrapping my brain
around how to work
 through this and what the best course of action is if they are positive is
where Im struggling most.  Deep breaths I keep telling myself..one day at a
time.

--
Jamielynn  Storch
www.jlynnphotographyonline.com