I wouldn't think it could be transmitted that way. It's transmitted in the
saliva.

________________________________
 From: Kathy <klovel...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:05 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Transmittal via fleas

I'm new to this group & to FeLV.  2 kittens showed up at my house about a 3
weeks ago, I took them inside, bathed good & put in separate room away from my
2 other cats.  I just found out that the mother cat has FeLV so have been told
that the kittens probably do as well.  I found a few fleas on one of the
kittens last night so immediately bathed both of them again & vacuumed the room
really good.  I've been so careful to keep them away from my other 2 cats & now
am a bit concerned that a few fleas could transmit if they got on my cats.  Any
advice that can be offered is appreciate.  I researched briefly online & saw
that it was a possibility so am concerned.  I also treated the kittens (a
little over 8 weeks) w/a flea spot treatment about an hour after their
bath………..it was specifically for any kitten or cat 8 weeks & older.  Was a
milder treatment I could tell b/c it doesn't kill flea eggs.
K-
Kathy Wood
“Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
Anatole France 1844-1924