Lorrie,

Does it work to give your Herpes kitty more Lysine per day?   It did with
mine.

Kathy

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:22 AM, Lorrie <felineres...@frontier.com> wrote:

> > Briefly I chose to "foster" 3 kittens with significant conjunctivitis
> from
> > the local pound about 2 weeks and 2 days ago.  That was on a Saturday.  I
> > knew come Monday they would be killed.  I have spent significant $ of my
> $
> > by choice..................
>
> I have been doing rescue work for 35 years and I've seen  many eyes that
> were severely infected.  Having one eye doesn't seem to affect their
> ability to get adopted, in fact people often feel they want to help cats
> with one eye or minus a leg. My neighbor just adopted a totally blind
> cat.  I couldn't get her to take one of mine (I have way too many cats)
> but she adopted this blind cat from the vet's office!
>
> I still have a cat who is blind in one eye and another with chronic
> herpes infection. His eyes must be wiped out every day to keep them
> from being goopy.  They are permanent cats at our home.   There is no
> cure for the virus as antibiotics have been tried, but will not work
> on viral infections only bacterial infections.
>
> Lorrie

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/