I’ve read that natural cure for herpes such as herbs and vitamins, L-lysine,
olive leaf extract, red marine algae, lavender, myrrh, sage have proven to be
effective and help reduce reoccurrence.

Natalie

From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Kathryn Hargreaves
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:45 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] off topic - - removing kitten's eye

Lorrie,

Does it work to give your Herpes kitty more Lysine per day?   It did with mine.

Kathy

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:22 AM, Lorrie <felineres...@frontier.com> wrote:

> Briefly I chose to "foster" 3 kittens with significant conjunctivitis from
> the local pound about 2 weeks and 2 days ago.  That was on a Saturday.  I
> knew come Monday they would be killed.  I have spent significant $ of my $
> by choice..................

I have been doing rescue work for 35 years and I've seen  many eyes that
were severely infected.  Having one eye doesn't seem to affect their
ability to get adopted, in fact people often feel they want to help cats
with one eye or minus a leg. My neighbor just adopted a totally blind
cat.  I couldn't get her to take one of mine (I have way too many cats)
but she adopted this blind cat from the vet's office!

I still have a cat who is blind in one eye and another with chronic
herpes infection. His eyes must be wiped out every day to keep them
from being goopy.  They are permanent cats at our home.   There is no
cure for the virus as antibiotics have been tried, but will not work
on viral infections only bacterial infections.

Lorrie

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and to
free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/
<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org