Edna,
Can't say I blame you for not backing down on the declawing.  My mom
didn't even like cats enough to adopt one. I never figured out how
I became such an animal lover, because I was always dragging home
injured animals and Mom would say "Get that filthy thing out of here".
If my mom saw how many cats I have now she'd turn over in her grave.

Lorrie