Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me....

We live in the country and have about 8 outside cats.   A friend decided to
take one home, Pumpkin, and had her all fixed up at the vet with shots, spay
and declaw.  She found out she has  feline leukemia.  She kept her for about a
month, but I guess she was making a mess as far as using the litter box.  I
told her I didn't want her to go to an over crowded humane society, so I took
her back.  She is now in the house, as she is front declawed, and she is not to
be around the other cats with her cancer.

So... I've had her home since just before Christmas, and she's been fine other
than not eating a whole lot.  Her stool is quiet soft, and I did find a few
hard turds in two different sleeping places that she uses.  Well now today,
she had a ver messy stool on the wood floor in the hallway!! Really shocked me
as she's been so good using the littler box.

Is this a sign that she is getting sick, the not using the littler box?  She
has a prescription for Tylosin Tartrate, and she said to give this to
her(powder form), when/if she gets sick???

She does seems to sleep most of the day, but I know cats do do that :)  She
also does purr quite loud!!  Must be a good sign.  She will play with a string
too.  So she's been very happy, but now I had to resort to putting her back in
the basement with her food and litter.  I might end  up sleeping down there
with her again, as I did when she first came in the house.  She has had the run
of the house now for weeks, but I just don't trust her since her accident.

I've read where infected cats can live quite long, but yet others do not.  I
certainly would not want to put her thru all sorts of treatments...

Thank you for your time:)))

I appreciate any input for my Pumpkin!

Tricia