I got my dog to eat slower by putting golf balls in a pie pan with his food. He was forced to pick around the balls to get to the food.
On Jan 15, 2013, at 7:29 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net> wrote:

Tricia
My Nitnoy lived a little over 4 years along with Annie who is also positive and 5 others who are all negative. My vet says that as long as the negatives have their vaccination for FELV and here are no fights where a positive bites a negative, there is very little chance of the negatives getting it. Nitnoy died after a short bout with impacted glands that became infected. That killed her, not the FELV which simply lowered her ability to fight off the infection. Annie is still going strong . Have you thought of changing food. Several of my guys were allergic to whet, corn and soy which is in most commercial foods. Casey would hurl right after eating and had stool problems and I have cleaned up more little puddles than I care to remember. She simply could not get to the box on time. Just like people, when it hits you don't have much time to get to a bathroom. I switched everyone to Blue Buffalo and no moe problems. Casey still has hairballs if I forget to give her hairball meds. Then recently I started giving everyone Royal Canine's Extreme Hairball dry as treats. Everyone loves it and now even hairballs are rare. I usually give around 10 pieces to each one and then stand guard to keep Harley from taking everyone else's treats. Also, does your baby eat too fast? Casey also had a tendency to gulp her food down. Started watching her eat and when she ate too fast I took it away from her and gave it back in a few minutes. Ended up sitting by her when she ate and giving her just a bite at a time. It did not take too long for her to catch on to th fact that eating slower kept her from vomintting. Just a few things you might try. Better than the 2 of you sleeping in the basement.

---- john pollack <bucfa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Tricia
My Tigger lived 1 month shy of 5 years with FeLV
He had his ups and downs, as we all do
He lived with 6 housemates...NONE are positive!!

As far as the stool, cats get it like we do. may have eaten something that disagreed with him

What test was done. Snap or other??
With Snap, if he's been exposed, it will be postitve, other (ELSA??) is more through, and can tell if he actually has it
  I wish you the best
  FeLV kitties can be the most loving of all, as Tigger was

John