Again...golf balls contain lead....please don't put them in food bowls or give
them to animals as toys.

________________________________
 From: MaiMaiPG <maima...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] stray cat I took in has feline leukemia

I got my dog to eat slower by putting golf balls in a pie pan with his food.
He was forced to pick around the balls to get to the food.
On Jan 15, 2013, at 7:29 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net> wrote:

> Tricia
> My Nitnoy lived a little over 4 years along with Annie who is also positive
> and 5 others who are all negative.  My vet says that as long as the negatives
> have their vaccination for FELV and here are no fights where a positive bites
> a negative, there is very little chance of the negatives getting it.  Nitnoy
> died after a short bout with impacted glands that became infected.  That
> killed her, not the FELV which simply lowered her ability to fight off the
> infection.  Annie is still going strong .  Have you thought of changing food.
>  Several of my guys were allergic to whet, corn and soy which is in most
> commercial foods.  Casey would hurl right after eating and had stool problems
> and I have cleaned up more little puddles than I care to remember. She simply
> could not get to the box on time.  Just like people, when it hits you don't
> have much time to get to a bathroom.  I switched everyone to Blue Buffalo and
> no moe problems.  Casey still has
 hairballs if I forget to give her hairball meds.  Then recently I started
giving everyone Royal Canine's Extreme Hairball dry as treats.  Everyone loves
it and now even hairballs are rare.  I usually give around 10 pieces to each
one and then stand guard to keep Harley from taking everyone else's treats.
Also, does your baby eat too fast?  Casey also had a tendency to gulp her food
down.  Started watching her eat and when she ate too fast I took it away from
her and gave it back in a few minutes.  Ended up sitting by her when she ate
and giving her just a bite at a time.  It did not take too long for her to
catch on to th fact that eating slower kept her from vomintting.  Just a few
things you might try.  Better than the 2 of you sleeping in the basement.