A few things-first, thank you for taking in this little one.  Its too bad
that her adopter declawed her as it means she can't go outside!  On the
FELV-there are 2 standard tests.  There's one the vet does in the office-a
pin prick of blood on a test strip-its called the Elissa or snap test.  Then
there's one done by the vet drawing blood and sending to a lab-its called
the IFA.  If a cat tests pos on the Elissa it should be retested on the IFA
sometime later.  It is possible the cat can throw off the virus so you have
to give it time between the Elissa and IFA.

Many folks on this board will tell you about their cats who  have lived
long, healthy lives.  My own Tucson is 13 and doing ok.  I had another who I
brought in from the street after I'd been feeding him for a couple of years.
He died several years later from lymphoma and we guessed he was around 8.
The thing is that the FELV virus won't actually kill them but it makes them
so much more susceptible to infections-URI, UTI, etc.  I tend to bring
Tucson to the vet a bit quicker than I do my other ones if she has the
sniffles or stops eating, etc.  They are also more susceptible to gum
infections, lymphomas, blood disorders, etc.  so you have to keep an eye on
that.

Best thing you can do is give her some decent food, watch for any sign of
problems.  As far as the litter box, tough to know.  Sometimes they don't
like a particular litter.  And the stool, you might want to take a stool
sample to vet for fecal.  I think the Tyleson Tartrate is an antibiotic but
am not familiar w. it.  I'm not sure about having it on hand to give to her
if she gets sick.  There are different antibiotics for different things.
Folks on the board might have more info.

How old is Pumpkin?