Hi Tricia and All,

I recently joined this group after finding out that a neighborhood feral cat
that I trapped
to neuter, tested positive for FeLV.   I have him separate from my cats now,
and he has, over a few months,
actually become a lot tamer, not 100% yet, but so much better, allows petting,
plays, etc.

Hope I am not out of line jumping in about Tricia's cat before properly
introducing myself.

I am not sure if I am getting all of the emails on this particular thread, but
I think with her symptoms, ongoing or worsening loose stool, and now hiding,
she should definitely be seen by a vet.
There have been lots of great suggestions given, but IF she is not improving,
you should bring her in for an exam.

I would start by getting the name of the vet that your friend took her too,
then call and ask them about her
check-up, and why she was given the Tylosin.  Ask your friend more about why
the Tylosin too.  Maybe have your friend
call the vet first to let them know it is fine to tell you about her, that you
adopted her...ask them if they did a fecal, deworming, etc.  Find out the
dewormer they gave her, what the fecal showed, etc.  You need more info and
maybe just by talking to them you
will get some answers.

If her symptoms continue, I think you should bring her in to your own vet.
Have the other vet fax the records over.
With FeLV cats, it is important to stay on top of symptoms and address them
sooner versus later to treat anything before it advances, right?
She could become dehydrated with ongoing diarrhea and you don't really know
what is
going on for sure to cause her symptoms, unless the other vet sheds some light.
 This is just my opinion.

For instance, she could have coccidia, giardia, etc.   Sometimes vets want to
do a direct fecal
to find certain parasites, etc.   They can be hard to find on a fecal you drop
off.
Loose stool could have lots of bacteria in it too, not just worms, and she
might need to be
treated.  I have a foster cat who had chronic loose stools and when fecals were
done, he
had an overload of bacteria and metronidazole helped for a while.
His diarrhea ended up being intermittent to almost constant, until we finally
figured out he has a food allergy and now
after 4 years (!), his stools are finally normal on a special unique protein
(rabbit) food.

Hope Pumpkin starts feeling better soon.  One other thing, declawing is very
traumatic, and declawing an adult is even worse.
Some of her litter box aversion could be from pain of declaw in addition to the
diarrhea, not necessarily, but just something
to be aware of.  She has been through a lot.   And she is still getting used to
your home and being indoors.  It's only been a few months,
she still needs time to adapt.  Also, cats will sometimes purr even if they
don't feel good.  Sounds like you are being a great mom to Pumpkin,
but if she isn't getting better, I would definitely err on the side of caution
and have her seen or at least call your vet or the other vet.

Best,
Shelley