Update on Tux. Recap: She tested positive for felv on the snap test in December
and negative on ifa. She is a felv vaccinated house cat that presented with
immune mediated hemolytic anemia. She was treated with prednisolone and
doxycycline. She responded well to treatment tho no cause was identified
because the vet was convinced she was felv+.

This week we retested her. Weight is up 1 lb. and red blood cell count is
normal. Negative on ifa. The cause of her anemia is still unknown but the vet
has let the felv diagnosis go now.

Thank you everyone so much for all the advice. It's heartbreaking to read about
the struggles we all go through on this forum for the love of our pets.

When we got tux the vet tested her for felv. She said if she was positive that
she had to be put down right away. She was very insistent. I knew in my heart
that was wrong and wouldn't let her do it. Of course if she were suffering that
would be different...but I could never destroy a healthy kitten. I am very
happy to see an entire community on this forum that feels as I did (and
reinforces what I thought was right at the time). Unfortunately most people
will do what the vet says...and that is very sad.

Very best wishes to everyone and your furry companions! I will stay subscribed
to the forum because you raise a wide array of topics and I may be able to help
someone. Thx. Dave