I'm with Lorrie - keep Augmentin in your medicine cabinet for those occasions
when you decide to put your hand between two snarling cats. I have done this
stupid thing twice. Now I just hurl a pot of cold water into the fray and then
mop the floor as the two go to their respective favorite spots to dry off. If I
have to separate a couple of entwined rolling cats, I use a broom handle. I
once just slammed a box over one cat. The other cat looked puzzled, then walked
away. I held the boxed cat in place for about 5 minutes, then slowly lifted the
box. He shook himself off and walked away too. If you interrupt their train of
thought, their focus, the fight goes away if they are neutered/spayed cats.

too!