Along those lines, I found this article, "Discovery of drugs that possess
activity against feline leukemia virus".

http://vir.sgmjournals.org/content/93/Pt_4/900.full.pdf

Almost all of the terminology in the paper is beyond me, but what I do
understand makes me think that we could have potential treatment options for
FeLV at some point in the near future. These drugs are available now; we just
need someone to fund (the sticking point, I'm guessing) trials.

This is my last post for tonight. Probably.