Thanks for sharing!  I have 2 cats and a foster cat who is pretty much mine
too, and Leo, a neighborhood feral who
I trapped last summer to neuter, and he tested FeLV positive, so he is mine too
now, and he ended up becoming tame after many months...

I have never had my cats vaccinated for FeLV because they are strictly indoors,
and I had always heard that the leukiemia vaccine was the worst of the bunch,
but I might get everyone vaccinated before I attempt to mix.  I do have a cat
with very bad fear aggression, and
that is another worry, because I don't want any fighting!

Shelley

On Sep 24, 2013, at 2:22 PM, trustinhi...@charter.net wrote:

> Shelley......
>
> I lost a cat to FL in the 90's. After that I panicked and faithfully
> vaccinated my next five cats every year. Then I rescued another FL cat.
> Separated him from the others while he was symptomatic. He threw off the
> virus. As fate would have it, other rescues came to my door. I couldn't
> afford to have them all tested and vaccinated. (13).  All my cats mingle
> together and non gets sick. I don't even bother to have my rescues tested
> because I know that I would never put them down anyway. I was encouraged by a
> women I met years ago who mixed negatives and positves with good results.
> When my one FL cat has had symptoms (only twice in 4 years) I isolate and
> treat him until he gets better. I am fastidious about clean bowls and water.
> God is taking care of them and me. If you have the money and you have only a
> few, get what ever treatment/tests are available. But I wouldn't stress over
> the testing. My Pookie will always test positive because he carries the
> disease in his system. But he is h
 ealthy as can be otherwise. I finally decided when my Lucy was 13 (she's 17
now). to stop vaccinating her. If they don't have enough antibodies built up by
then, they never will!  Maybe I am lucky, or just stupid, but I couldn't let an
animal die form a lack of a home.