You don't have to put the full dose on the kitty to get some results. I also use program on some of my cats that I cannot put a topical on. Foster and Smith carries Program and you can order it online. I go to their outlet store in Rhinelander, WI and get it for a reduced price when some packages are damaged. I wouldn't do advantage multi...very strong. But I have used Revolution and Frontline in the past with good results. I also vacuum with regular table salt and/or baking soda on the carpets...kills the luittle buggers cause their eggs dry up. Just apply a little salt/baking soda, wait 30 minutes and vacuum. Carolyn