Immune system plays a huge part-usually mature cats have a vibrant immune
system, it’s the very young or older cats that would be more at risk, IMO.
Also, the FeLV cat’s immune system is compromised, I believe, so contact with
other cats would be something to consider for the health of the FeLV diagnosed
cat.
I have a cat diagnosed in 2010, that I strongly feel beat the virus-(answer to
Prayer) he was older when I found him, the vet guessing him to be around 1 year
old.
We keep him in our guest room with a modified door so he “participates” in the
hall/house activities and the room is ventilated.
I will not take him to the vet unless he becomes ill-keeping the STRESS down so
no testing!
My practice is to wash my hands with alcohol and or soap for 20 seconds
before & after I’m in his room. I keep his dishes sterile, no shared food or
water or containers- but that’s about it.
Now- this is my practice and everyone needs to follow his/her own inner voice
on this matter- just sharing - not pushing an agenda. lol
Gloria, furmommy to Buddy Luv
-g 🇺🇸
Sent from my iPhone