Actually, Feline Leukemia can also be transmitted through ‘friendly’ contact.
Sharing food/water and grooming each other over a period of time.
The virus only lives for a few hours in the environment, so really just
cleaning out the food/water bowls and litter box after the cat leaves
should suffice, and check to see if any wet spots on floor,  etc. from water or
urine and disinfect just to be on the safe side.

You might want to have different shoes on too?  and clothes, if you will be
playing with and handling the cat a lot, in case drools on you…but that might
be
going overboard.  Definitely wash hands after handling...

Shelley