From: Felvtalk <felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org> On Behalf Of Patricia
Oliveira
Sent: May 30, 2019 12:56 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Rescued kitten felv +

Hi from Brazil,

I rescued a very weak, dehydrated, extremely thin kitten.

She's hospitalized now. Her hematocrit was 8, had blood transfusion which
raised hematocrit to 22, now it is 19. Low reticulocyte count.
She has difficulty walking, which we can not define if it is just weakness or
neurological. Already had a seizure.

She also have changes in her kidneys. It has been tested and is felv +

She is receiving doxy and the hospital vets would like to include prednisolone.

However, as it is not possible yet to rule out PIF, and the medication I could
use in the case of PIF does not work if the cat received prednisolone, I am
trying to avoid it.

The veterinarian agreed to prescribe stanozolol.

Can it be used without prednisolone, only with doxy she is already receiving?

Thank you!

Patrícia