Hi, Amani!

Nori got another transfusion last night, hematocrit was 11.9 before it.

Today morning, i talk to the hospital's veterinarian, she said hematocrit
went to 29 and Nori was fine, all normal parameters and eating by herself
again.

But plasma was intensely icteric. I think this means red cells being
destroyed, isn't it?

About one hour ago, veterinarian said Nori was with low temperature and
heart rate slightly lower than normal. She was waiting the new blood work.
In the morning, it was done only hematocrit, not complete blood work.

i am worried again.

Thank you,

Patrícia

Em ter, 4 de jun de 2019 às 23:46, Amani Oakley <aoak...@oakleylegal.com>
escreveu:

> I would be leery of the going the route suggested by the vet at this
> juncture. I seriously seriously doubt if the erythropoietin will help. See
> my earlier where I explain why.
>
>
>
> Amani
>
>
>
> *From:* Felvtalk <felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org> * On Behalf Of 
> *Patricia
> Oliveira
> *Sent:* June 4, 2019 8:53 PM
> *To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> *Subject:* Re: [Felvtalk] Rescued kitten felv +
>
>
>
> Hi, Lorraine
>
>
>
> Veterinary wants to increase prednisolone to immunosuppressive dose and
> add erythropoietin. She thinks it is immune-mediated anemia and
> not mycoplasma.
>
>
>
> Nori is receiving  1,2 mg prednisolone, twice a day. She weighs only 1 kg.
>
>
>
> We did x-ray today too. No visible tumor but we found a
> possible cardiopathy ("Increased globular-looking heart silhouette").
>
>
>
> :(
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Em ter, 4 de jun de 2019 às 20:50, Lorraine Johnston <
> johnston1...@comcast.net> escreveu:
>
> Patricia,
>
>
>
> I would go with the transfusion and also start erythropoietin.  Stanozolol
> is supposed to stimulate erythropoietin production, but she might need a
> boost of the ready-made drug just to keep her alive until then.
>
>
>
> - Lorraine
>
>
>
> "Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the
> things no one can imagine."  - Alan Turing
>
>
>
> *From:* Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] *On Behalf
> Of *Patricia Oliveira
> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:34 PM
> *To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> *Subject:* Re: [Felvtalk] Rescued kitten felv +
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
> We did another blood work today, her hematocrit is 13% now :(
>
>
>
> She is very sleepy but responsive when i talk to her.
>
>
>
> I don´t know if i can wait some more days to see if stanozolol is working.
> Or maybe it would be better get another transfusion right now.
>
>
>
> Today, vet talk about erythropoietin. Do you know if it can be used with
> stanozolol?
>
>
>
> Thank you,
>
>
>
> Patrícia
>
>
>
> Em sáb, 1 de jun de 2019 às 14:44, Amani Oakley <aoak...@oakleylegal.com>
> escreveu:
>
> Hi Patricia – I gave all the pills together, morning and evening, except
> for the metoclopramide which was given ½ or so before meals. The rest I
> gave with the meals. I didn’t observe a problem with giving them together.
>
>
>
> You might also try baby food to get Nori to eat. Get the pureed kind (beef
> or chicken with or without vegetables), so it can be sucked up into a
> syringe. If my Zander wasn’t eating (and he wasn’t at the start of the
> medication regime), then I would use a syringe to get the baby food into
> him. Baby food is easy to digest and has good things in it. I would target
> – say – five 3 cc syringe-fulls at each feeding. I would boost the number
> of syringe-fulls if possible. Eventually, Zander started eating the baby
> food on his own, and then I graduated to moist food, and really, anything
> he wanted until he put the weight back on.
>
>
>
> I had a look at the picture you sent and Nori is adorable. I am crossing
> my fingers for you and for Nori. Keep us updated on her progress.
>
>
>
> Amani
>
>
>
> *From:* Felvtalk <felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org> *On Behalf Of *Patricia
> Oliveira
> *Sent:* June 1, 2019 12:36 PM
> *To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> *Subject:* Re: [Felvtalk] Rescued kitten felv +
>
>
>
> Hi, Amani!
>
>
>
> Thanky you very much for you email!
>
>
>
> Nori was discharged from the hospital yesterday night. She is eating baby
> dry food. I tried canned but she didn´t accept so weel.
>
>
>
> Today i bought other kinds of canned, i'll try them hoping she likes some
> one.
>
>
>
> Compound pharmacy must delivery stanozolol today.
>
>
>
> Are there any precautions regarding medication schedules? Close or far to
> doxy, for example?
>
>
>
> This is Nori:
> https://catsnecropolis.blogspot.com/2019/06/nori-teve-alta.html
> <https://catsnecropolis.blogspot.com/2019/06/nori-teve-alta.html?fbclid=IwAR0cXMedtfi73B81pJI7QiYGwRTJf9VJp-JN7S_Tstb0ANeg0Hm4ObtFH_A>
>
>
>
>
>
> Thank you!
>
>
>
> Patrícia
>
>
>
> Em qui, 30 de mai de 2019 às 20:52, Amani Oakley <aoak...@oakleylegal.com>
> escreveu:
>
> Sorry Patricia – after going on and on in my last email, I realized I
> hadn’t actually answered your question. I think you can probably use the
> stanozolol with the Doxycycline, without the prednisone, but prednisone
> itself has properties which help to boost red cell production. Try it out,
> keep close tabs on the haematology results and see if you are getting a
> good response on just Doxycycline and the Stanozolol. If not, add the
> prednisone. You may find that this combination assists with the FIP as
> well, as per my previous email.
>
>
>
> Amani
>
>
>
> *From:* Felvtalk <felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org> *On Behalf Of *Patricia
> Oliveira
> *Sent:* May 30, 2019 12:56 PM
> *To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> *Subject:* [Felvtalk] Rescued kitten felv +
>
>
>
> Hi from Brazil,
>
>
>
> I rescued a very weak, dehydrated, extremely thin kitten.
>
>
> She's hospitalized now. Her hematocrit was 8, had blood transfusion which
> raised hematocrit to 22, now it is 19. Low reticulocyte count.
>
> She has difficulty walking, which we can not define if it is just weakness
> or neurological. Already had a seizure.
>
> She also have changes in her kidneys. It has been tested and is felv +
>
> She is receiving doxy and the hospital vets would like to include
> prednisolone.
>
> However, as it is not possible yet to rule out PIF, and the medication I
> could use in the case of PIF does not work if the cat received
> prednisolone, I am trying to avoid it.
>
> The veterinarian agreed to prescribe stanozolol.
>
> Can it be used without prednisolone, only with doxy she is already
> receiving?
>
> Thank you!
>
>
>
> Patrícia
>
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org
>
_______________________________________________
Felvtalk mailing list
Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

Reply via email to