Anton Khirnov (12023-04-24):
> What exactly is less readable? One variable gets its scope reduced, that
> is a win in my book.

Having to remember if a field is in structure x or structure y s a net
loss that you do not see only because you just wrote the code and have
everything freshly in mind.

>                       And obviously I'm not stopping there, other things
> will be moved to this private struct in future patches,

Then move them into FilterGraph itself. If at some point later it makes
sense to separate this structure to make the code clearer, we can do it
at that time. If it happens, I predict the split will not be along the
same “public”/“private” distinction you are trying to make right now.

>                                                         I just prefer to
> avoid giant patchsets when possible.

Yes, please do, giant patchsets are rude.

> Also note that exactly the same pattern is used in ffmpeg_demux,
> ffmpeg_mux, and ffmpeg_enc (and soon in ffmpeg_dec).

If I had noticed it at the time, I would have objected the same way.

--
  Nicolas George