Anton Khirnov (12023-04-24):
> I have no idea what you mean by this.

Try a little harder.

> You keep using these words. I don't think they mean what you think they
> mean.

Yeah, Princess Bride references are a real boost to weak arguments.

>       The only fact here is that the quoted paragraph is YOUR PERSONAL
> OPINION, which ZERO other developers expressed support for.

Or maybe I am the only one not fed up of arguing with walls.

Will you dispute that each split of a structure is extra code in many
places?

Will you discuss that having to remember which structure a field belongs
to is an extra effort?

> On the other hand, the approach under discussion has explicit support
> from multiple highly active developers.

I have not seen this specific aspect of the issue discussed.

> You are too late, many such changes have already been pushed in the last
> several years. Nobody except you opposes them and the likelihood of
> reversing them is extremely low. This whole thread is a pointless waste
> of time that could be spend doing something actually useful.

It is never too late to stop making things worse.

--
  Nicolas George