Anton Khirnov (12023-04-24):
> No actual explanation then. So I suppose what you mean is that different
> rules apply to you and everyone else.

No. I have said what I mean, I will not let you distort it to suit your
needs.

> I will, the overhead code required is trivial compared to the code being
> wrapped.

So there is overhead code. Thank you.

> > Will you discuss that having to remember which structure a field belongs
> > to is an extra effort?
> I will, not having to consider whether a field is accessed from other parts
> of the code significantly reduces the mental load required. That is the
> whole point of information hiding.

I see you have not actually refuted my point, so I consider it acted
too.

So, we have established this patch incurs a cost.

Now you need to prove it brings a benefit. Not a hypothetical benefit
like “whole point of information hiding”, but an actual immediate
benefit.

--
  Nicolas George