On 09 Jul, 2004, at 02:37 PM, Dean Estabrook wrote:

By the way, I aready have a portable Zip 100 Drive (Serial Port Type). Is
there an adaptor to turn this unit into a USB port device,

Bad idea. Adapters exist, but they're not reliable.

 or do I, in
fact, just need to by a USB device?

I'd go with that -- unless you have a FireWire card on your old computer (and I'm assuming not).

[But if so, that changes everything -- forget about the Zip drive and just get a FireWire hard drive and transfer everything using that. That method will be *much* faster than using Zip disks.]

- Darcy

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY