Dear Listers,
This is driving me nuts, and I have been hassling with this all through 2004, and now the same thing is true of 2005 version of MacFin.
I like to have the Tool Bar in a single strip across the top of the screen, using the "Contemporary" palette. I like the tools in a certain order, and change them to what I want by dragging them to their preferred positions while hold down Shift/Control. Nothing I do will retain the way I configure it when I restart Finale and reopen a file.
Extenuating circumstances: I can get a single strip only if I switch to "Classic" palette. That will stay and appear the next time I open Finale. But the preferred position order will not. If, before I close the file, I change back to Contemporary palette, it will not stay there and the order will be back to a default setting.
Also, I have always been important to Save the file and also, under Edit/Save Special, do Save Prefs. To no avail.
Any solutions come to mind?
All the best,
KIM Richmond