On Feb 25, 2005, at 10:47 AM, shirling & neueweise wrote:

kurt, johannes (and others),

From: Kurt Gnos
I would NOT mingle the two tools since they have an entirely other functionality. However, I'd like some of the things you mention, but in the Text Tool where I might use them.

actually they don't, both tools at present control different instances of very similar items: what difference is there between a multi-word text block and a multi-word text expression (in the current state of the tools)?

The difference for me is I don't necessarily want to see every text block in the dialogue box list, especially if they show up in the displayed font size. Why would I want to see my titles, copyright, composer, stage instructions, dialogue cues, etc., every time I want to add a mute marking? I don't usually need to duplicate those, though I agree the possibility should be there in the Text tool. The way things are divided now, as restrictive as it is, is actually an organisational advantage.

Christopher