I was merely commenting to what David said: "I think it's
crazy that the optimization information is stored with the absolute
system rather than as a global setting that automatically updates the
optimization when conditions change to warrant it."

It is precisely the fact that the optimization information is is stored with the absolute system rather than globally which makes it so flexible.

I am not against an automatic function with manual override, although I don't think I'd need or use it (because undoubtedly it will again slow down Finale, as most of these automatic update routines do).

Johannes

Darcy James Argue wrote:
Hi Johannes,

There's no reason why Finale couldn't have automatically updating optimization with the option to do a manual override. You had to do a manual override anyway to hide staves containing notes. It would be easy for Finale to keep track of which staves have been manually hidden/shown and leave those untouched when doing an automatic optimization update.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY