This talk of Paul Creston has giving me a hankering for talking of further books.

I admit to having had a Borgesian bent of mind before I really knew what it meant.

For instance I've always preferred Hauer's vision of 12 tone over Schoenberg's. Persuing that line of thought is what eventually sent me back to tonality.

Never have heard any of Hauer's music though.

But this is the book I really wanted to mention.

Avenir H. de Monfred

The N(ew)D(iatonic)M(odal) Principle of Relative Music

Forward by Joseph Yasser with an introduction by Nicolas Slonimsky

A wacky but wonderful sort of book. For me, it ended up holding a 'small key' of sorts.

Anybody ever hear of it or the names (other then Slommie of course).

Got any books of the sort to tell about?

Jerry