On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:37 PM, Ken Durling wrote:

At 06:23 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
Can any Sibelius users out there confirm that Sib 4 fixed the bug that makes octave-transposing instruments an octave off, like bari sax?

Hmm, I don't recall ever having a problem with tenor sax, which is also an 8va transposer, and I write for it regularly. Checking bari . . . ok, looks fine to me - what was the problem exactly?

Ken

The students apparently enter the bari in concert pitch in bass clef, but when it gets transposed it is an octave lower than it is supposed to be. Tenor sax is the same deal, entered in bass clef or treble clef concert pitch then transposed by Sibelius, comes out an octave too low.

I suppose I will have to find out how to change the instrument definition defaults, in order to tell the students.

Thanks all.

Christopher