At 06:25 PM 7/30/2005, David W. Fenton wrote:

>With WinXP, it started breaking, becoming unreliable (because of the
>addition of the staging area, I believe).
>
>This was my point: using the drive CORRECTLY (as you agree, it seems
>to me), it now, with WinXP, doesn't work reliably.

I was unaware that you could use XCOPY to write to a CD-R.

Since it is so easy to use a CD Creator program and you can save the "Image file" so it can be used multiple times, I can see no reason to use an unreliable program, like XCOPY.

I gave up using it when log files names arrived.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley